This seminar will share the most recent insights and learning on what works in place-based approaches to improving outcomes for children and young people.Academics, practitioners and policymakers will share learning and examine the potential offered by working collaboratively to reduce childhood poverty at a neighbourhood level.
We will also explore how we can use evidence to support change to happen and the best way to collect and present that evidence, drawing on findings from two What Works centres – What Works Scotland and the Wales Centre for Public Policy.
The programme will also include presentations from across the UK including:
- Children’s Neighbourhoods Scotland
- the Colin Early Intervention Community, Belfast
- Shankhill Children’s and Young People Zone, Belfast
- the Welsh Pioneer programme
- insights from children’s communities and children’s zones in England.
Registration opens at 9.30am with coffee and tea available and the programme starts at 10.00am. There will be a networking lunch from 1.15 – 2pm and the programme concludes at 3.15.
- Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2019
- Time: 9:30am to 3:15pm
- Location: St. Mungo Museum Of Religious Life & Art, Glasgow
This event is free but places are limited so please register on Eventbrite to confirm your booking.