This seminar shared the most recent insights and learning on what works in place-based approaches to improving outcomes for children and young people.Academics, practitioners and policymakers shared learning and examine the potential offered by working collaboratively to reduce childhood poverty at a neighbourhood level.
We also explored how we can use evidence to support change to happen and the best way to collect and present that evidence, drawing on findings from two What Works centres – What Works Scotland and the Wales Centre for Public Policy.
The programme included presentations from across the UK including:
- Children’s Neighbourhoods Scotland
- the Colin Early Intervention Community, Belfast
- Shankhill Children’s and Young People Zone, Belfast
- the Welsh Pioneer programme
- insights from children’s communities and children’s zones in England.
This event took place on Tuesday, 30 April 2019, at the St. Mungo Museum Of Religious Life and Art, Glasgow