This event will provide an opportunity to understand the impact of the costs of school on the poorest parents and reflect on how the Pupil Equity Fund might be used to effectively tackle inequalities and reduce the attainment gap.
Research shows that the charges that schools make to parents for uniforms, school trips, activities and learning materials have a negative impact on the poorest families.
This event will:
- share the learning from three reports into the cost of the school day
- reflect on how the Pupil Equity Fund has been spent and
- provides an opportunity to consider and discuss how the Fund might be used to effectively tackle inequalities and reduce the attainment gap.
Who should attend?
- Teachers, head-teachers and school staff, local authority staff with responsibility for education and /or equalities
- Third sector organisations with an interest in child poverty.
- Date: Friday 29 September 2017
- Time: 12 noon – 17:00
- Location: The Lasswade Centre, Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg
Book your place
Places are free, but limited, so please register on Eventbrite to book your place.