What Works Scotland is an initiative to improve the way local areas in Scotland use evidence to make decisions about public service development and reform. We are working with specific Community Planning Partnerships involved in the design and delivery of public services to:
- learn what is and what isn’t working in their local area
- encourage collaborative learning with a range of local authority, business, public sector and community partners
- better understand what effective policy interventions and effective services look like
- promote the use of evidence in planning and service delivery
- help organisations get the skills and knowledge they need to use and interpret evidence
- create case studies for wider sharing and sustainability
About What Works Scotland (pdf) tells you more about what we are doing.
As the programme progresses, we will develop other local and national partnerships within the case study areas and as priority topics are identified. The Workplan 2014-2017 outlines how What Works Scotland will achieve its aim of improving the way agencies in Scotland use evidence to make decisions about public service development, delivery and reform.
What Works Scotland brings together the Universities of Glasgow and Edinburgh, other academics across Scotland, with partners from:
- Glasgow Centre for Population Health
- Improvement Service
- Inspiring Scotland
- IRISS (Institution for Research and Innovation in Social Services)
- NHS Education for Scotland
- NHS Health Scotland
- NHS Health Improvement Scotland
- Scottish Community Development Centre
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO)
Within the Universities, What Works Scotland will draw on expertise from Strathclyde Centre for Disability Research; the Academy of Government, the Centre for Research on Families and Relationships, the Social and Public Health Sciences Unit and Policy Scotland
As we develop our case study areas we will draw in relevant partners with topic or local expertise.
Please join our mailing list if you want to keep up to date with this or other news.