This toolkit was produced by practitioners in Glasgow’s Participatory Budgeting Evaluation Group, to assess the impact of PB activities and develop an improvement plan.
This toolkit is intended to support any individual or group organising a PB activity to plan how to evaluate their PB process, and to collate the evidence and information required. It offers a ‘pick and mix’ approach so that PB organisers can select what should be evaluated depending on the size and scale of the PB activity they are leading.
It allows PB organisers to determine how best to assess how their organisation or community group did at:
- leadership and governance of the PB activity (planning)
- delivery of key PB processes (process)
- outcomes from the PB activity (impact)
Download the resources
- Glasgow’s Participatory Budgeting Evaluation Toolkit (PDF)
- Glasgow’s Participatory Budgeting Evaluation Improvement Plan (Word) – Use in conjunction with the PB Evaluation Toolkit
- Participatory Budgeting Evaluation poster (PDF)
Type of publication: Resource
Date of publication: June 2017
Developing the toolkit
See more about the collaborative process used by Glasgow Participatory Budgeting Evaluation Group and What Works Scotland to create the Participatory Budgeting Evaluation Toolkit.
The Toolkit was highlighted in the Audit Scotland report Local government in Scotland: Challenges and performance 2018 (page 14) published in April 2018.